We believe that visitors can play a vital role in the healing process and enhance the well-being of our patients. Patients may choose who will and will not be permitted to visit them in the Hospital and may also communicate to Hospital staff any restrictions they would like to place on visitation. Patients may designate others to make visitation decisions on their behalf. The Hospital welcomes visitors without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, culture, language, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
In order to promote a serene and healing environment for our patients, we ask that all visitors observe the following guidelines:
Visiting hours for the inpatient units are from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. We request that only two adult visitors (14 years and older) visit a patient at one time. For our pediatric patients, the Hospital permits 24 hour visitation by one parent or other designated adult companion. Visitations are not generally allowed in the recovery area (Post Anesthesia Care Unit or PACU)
Visitor Code of Conduct:
When visiting our patient care units, we ask that you follow the visitor code of conduct for the safety and well-being of our patients.
- Limit the number of visitors to two at a time for each patient.
- Plan on spending just a short time visiting. Although the visit is almost always welcome, it can be very tiring for the patient.
- Carry on a cheerful conversation in a soft voice.
- Please put your mobile phone on silent while visiting.
- If the patient you are visiting is sharing a room, please be mindful of the other patient’s privacy and need for quiet.
- Do not visit if you are unwell, particularly if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, or if you have had a stomach upset in the last 48 hours.
The Hospital may restrict visitation for a patient based on clinical or other reasons that might interfere with patient care. Thank you for helping us maintain a healing environment for our patients at FOCOS Orthopedic Hospital.