The Foundation of Orthopaedics and Complex Spine, Ghana (FOCOS GHANA), doing business as FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital, is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for governing policies and also has budgetary oversight for the hospital. The main objective of the Board is to implement and maintain effective fundraising programs to inspire private philanthropy that strengthens the hospital’s commitment to providing the highest level of patient care today and for many years to come.
The Board plays an active part in ensuring the hospital maintains the highest possible level of quality and safety. Members of the Board of Managers are appointed for three-year terms and are limited to two terms – or six years.
Board members meet once quarterly and do not receive compensation for their service. FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital’s President and Chief Executive Officer is the only employee who reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
- Prof. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei [Founder and President, FOCOS]
- Ambassador Fritz Kwabena Poku [Chairman of the Board of Directors]
- Mr. Sam Owusu-Akyaw [Vice President]
- Mr. Roland Okyere Akosah [Treasurer]
- Henry Holdbrook-Smith M.D [Medical Director]
- Mad. Margaret Poku [Member]
- Mr. Kojo Yankah[Member]
- Ms. Ama Sarpong Bawuah [Member]
- Mr. Kwadwo Boachie-Adjei [Member]
- Mr. Yaw Boachie-Adjei [Member]